Thursday, November 28, 2013

Grateful for the Miracles

As I was eating breakfast this morning and thinking about my day, I decided that during this silent alone time before the family feasting began (I'm going to Jason's mother-in-law's for dinner, so I don't have to cook!), I'd sit down and think about all the things that I am grateful for and actually write them down in my journal. 

Of course, once the idea germinated, my brain began working on the list even before I had pen and paper in hand.  And as one thought led to another, I realized I didn't have enough paper, ink or time to complete such a list.  

I am so grateful for where I am in my life, and if, as I believe, everything has happened for a reason, then everything that came before this moment, brought me to this moment, which means that I would have to include every minute, every second of my life prior to this moment, on that list!   And even if I had sufficient paper, ink and time, I'm pretty sure I don't have all the memories at hand to make that happen.

Einstein said:  "There are two ways to live your life...  One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle."

Today I am grateful for all the miracles that are my life! 

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!  And may you recognize the miracles that are your lives too!

2 comments:

  1. Truly, miracles are everywhere. Recognizing that fact is the best way to live. Thank you for the forum to express all my gratitude for everything! Happy Thanksgiving, dear, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And sometimes the most mundane events and experiences, are the biggest miracles of all.... and because they seemed so insignificant at the time, we didn't even realize they WERE miracles!

    ReplyDelete